For you, as an international students who wish to work in Taiwan (either on campus or off campus), you are required to apply for and obtain the work permit before starting work. Please note that if you hold a job without applying for the work permit, you may be fined for NT$30,000 to NT$150,000 and ordered to leave the country immediately!
Online work permit application system
Work permit available up to 6 months (First semester September ~ February) and (Second semester March ~ August), weekly working time max 20 hours, except Winter vacation and Summer Vacation.
- NT 100 (complete allocated payment by yourself)
You may transfer the application fee in a post office or pay in the counter of Workforce Development Agency (WDA).
Account Name: 勞動部勞動力發展署聘僱許可收費專戶
Account Number: 19058848
- Photocopy of Passport (personal information page, including your passport extension. visa page)
- Photocopy of two-side Student Card (should have registered stamp for current semester)
- Photocopy of two-side ARC
These documents should be in PDF and uploaded to the system. After upload these documents, school will confirm the application and then send to Office of Workforce Development Agency.
- After confirmation with the documents, work permit will be approved and issued from the Office of Workforce Development Agency, Please come to the OIA in 3-5 days after you received the system automatically message or email from the Office of Workforce Development Agency.
- Office of Workforce Development Agency will email and inform you for correction if needed, please pay attention to the required correction period. Extra fee or re-application may be required if you haven’t done the correction before the deadline.
- For more details, please contact the Office of Workforce Development Agency.